Stellar Data Recovery from a Failed SSD
We often work with our laptop that involves various hardware parts and SSD or the latest hard disk is one of them. You can take the warranty on your SSD whether two years or more of that, but one day that day will come when your hard drive would get impaired. Due to this, data may be lost by your SSD (Steady State Drive). Once losing the data like files, images, or documents, it’s not easy to get backed. Further, the probability of data recovery depends on how your SSD has lost the data. The guide will support free data recovery from failed hard disk. In this article, we would know about in which condition drive gets failed, and how to recover it.
Unlike a traditional hard drive, SSD can’t appear too mechanical failure or damage due to sudden drop or shock. However, SSD may fail to owe to physical damage or electronic errors- it may become untied.
SSD generally gets failed due to the errors caused by the following reasons-
Malware or virus infection
Unsafe drive removal
Improper way to use drive usage
System crash (BSODs)
Damaged occurs in System Files
Sudden or force shutdown
It’s no easy to get back data from physically damaged or electronically damaged SSD, but data can be recovered from logically damaged SSD using the reliable DIY data recovery software such as Stellar Data Recovery Standard.
Here, step by step to recover data from failed SSD
Step 1- Don’t attempt format
A logically failed SSD that turns inaccessible or turn can be repaired by selecting prompted option formatting. You may go in permanent data loss situation in the wake of this. It would be beyond the data recovery.
That’s why it is recommended that do not format your failed SSD drive, that too when your windows prompt to format the drive.
Even don’t try to repair failed drive either by the use of windows or other third-party data recovery software.
Step 2- Introduce a Drive Letter
You should set down drive letter via disk management tool if SSD is not showing volume. The steps are-
Using SATA connector or SATA to USB converter connect the SSD drive to a windows PC.
Uncover Data Management Tool
Click right on the SSD volume and select ‘Change Drive Letter and Path…’
4–Choose Add and click “OK”, “OK”
5– Your windows may let you see the following prompt
Note- It may be possible that the data management tool may not let you see the SSD name. In this condition, please check connecting connectors, cables, and SSD for any physical or electronic damage. You should immediately check out to expert if the drive is not detected and electronic or mechanical damage.
Step 3– Pull data from SSD using Stellar Data Recovery Software
- First of all, download standard Stellar Data Recovery
- Launch the software, pick all data, and click next
- Select the SSD volume drive under the connected drive
- Turn on Deep Scan at the bottom left. In the process, it may take several minutes depending on the SSD interface, storage volume, and condition.
- After the scan, you should save the information by clicking on the ‘save icon’ prompted on the menu. This process will help you resume the data recovery later and will save time.
- You can click on any file like document, file, video, images, and audio files to see its preview before the saving. You can even use the search bar to locate critical file for quickly recover.
- After that, you can select the file that you want to recover
- Select the browse button to choose a location where you want to save in internal or external drive and then click “Start Saving” button.
Once you have recovered all the data from the SSD drive, then you can format SSD to fix it and make it running condition. After that, transfer recovered data after getting the back to prevent condition of permanent data loss.
Stellar Data Recovery
Resulting, the data recovery from SSD is possible, but not an easy task. Getting improves the chance of data recovery and gets back maximum data from the impaired SSD, you should not try to repair yourself or minimize its usage. Instead, you should immediately apply standard Stellar Data Recovery for SSD recovery.
Read more article : Stellar Photo Recovery ( Mac )